Sunday, April 17, 2005

Fixing error message: Domain of sender address apache@localhost.localdomain does not exist

Hey all I have this problem with sendmail. I have a website that I have made for a friend, and it has a form on it. To bundle up the form data and send it out I use a simple perl script which works, but when my server tries to send the form via sendmail it gets sent back with an error message saying:

Final-Recipient: RFC822; klintonkerber@prodigy.net
Action: failed
Status: 5.1.8
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 553 5.1.8 ... Domain of sender address apache@localhost.localdomain does not exist
Last-Attempt-Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 16:07:09 -0700

Anyone have any suggestions on this? Thanx guys!

edit your sendmail.cf change the Cw entry appropriately. If you still have this problem, check your DNS, resolv.conf.

No comments: